I found this article here and thought I’d share it as I have over the last few weeks started taking an almost daily walk to the companies postbox, instead of driving, and have on most days been reaching my 7000 steps target.
I have the Samsung Health app on my phone which logs the amount of time you walk along with the number of steps and
The benefits of walking for an hour a day
Below you will find some benefits of walking, which makes it worth considering :
- Walking for at least 45 minutes a day in the morning sun provides the body with Vitamin D, which is one of the most important vitamins to help protect against cardiovascular disease, activate blood circulation and help various body organs to work efficiently.
- It limits the feeling of anxiety and tension. Scientific advances have indicated that the process of inhalation and exhalation exercised by the person during walking contribute greatly to relaxation, calming the nerves and relieving stress.
- Helps burn whole body fat because by walking we use all parts of the body.
- Strengthen the muscles of the abdomen, pelvis and arms in the case of moving during walking and of course the muscles of the legs.
- Helps the body to be in good shape after losing weight.
- Contributes to lowering blood pressure and lowering blood cholesterol.
- It contributes to fighting breast cancer. Doctors have proven that women who get used to walking for at least 30 minutes a day have greater chances of recovering from breast cancer.
- Helps to protect against cancerous tumours, and some doctors advise cancer patients to walk daily as one of the treatment tools for some cases.
- Reduce joint pain and soften, and relieve muscle tension injuries and make the body more flexible.
- Helps in the treatment of constipation, indigestion, colon and intestinal problems and abdominal gases.
- Walking helps to tighten the muscles of the buttocks and strengthen the muscles of the buttocks and thighs.
- Some people may go through a period of mental stalemate, especially when they face great problems and obstacles that need to be thought out. At this stage, much is wasted on thinking and finding solutions, because of sitting and concentrating only on thinking, but through some experiments, it turns out that people can be more creative and capable of finding ideas and solutions to the problems as they walk compared to them sitting.
- Walking an hour a day stimulates the brain’s ability to concentrate.
- Ensures you breathe better, strengthen chest muscles and expand your lungs.
- Increases muscle efficiency and protects against Parkinson’s disease.
- Helps regulate blood sugar and prevent the occurrence of a sugar coma.
- The more you walk, the more elastic your waist will become. Frequent walking involves tensing the abdominal muscles and burning too much fat stored in the area around the waist.
- Getting used to walking for an hour a day helps you delay ageing diseases as it improves your memory level and fights Alzheimer’s disease.
- Keeping walking and making it a daily routine means commitment. This helps the person to be more compliant, so one becomes closer to achieving different types of goals if they commit to walking on a daily basis.
- Very useful for smokers; it contributes to cleaning the lungs from tobacco damage and also contributes to quitting smoking or minimizing it.
With all the great reasons listed above for taking a walk, I trust you’ll consider getting a little more active – it will only be an improvement.
Have a fabulous day peeps.Views – 227